- Promote the interests of, and participation in, Water Polo in Ontario.
- Promote fun, fitness, sportsmanship, and teamwork for players of all ages and ability, coaches, officials and volunteers.
- Develop teams that can compete and win at National Championships.
- Develop world class athletes, coaches and officials.
OWP Strategic Directions
- Lead the recruitment and training of New and Existing coaches and officials and to develop programs designed to enhance their professional qualifications.
- Stimulate the development of new water polo clubs and programs.
- Improve OWP’s sustainability by diversifying and expanding revenue sources and by supporting the growth and development of the OWP
- Support the growth and development of existing OWP member clubs and affiliate programs.
- Promote the interest of, and interest in, water polo in Ontario.
Develop High Performance Athletes and Provincial Teams.
OWP KEY ELEMENTS
Strategic Direction 1: Lead the recruitment and training of New and Existing coaches and officials and to develop programs designed to enhance their professional qualifications.
1. Increase the efforts in the recruitment of coaches by targeting specific groups.
2. Increase the efforts in the recruitment of Officials by targeting specific groups
3. Expand and improve the number of training opportunities for water polo coaches in Ontario
4. Expand the training of water polo officials in Ontario and encourage retention of officials
5. Expand programs that will enhance the knowledge, skills and professional qualifications of existing coaches
6. Introduce opportunities that will enhance the knowledge and skills of our existing officials
Strategic Direction 2: Stimulate the development of new water polo clubs and programs.
7. Encourage the demand for water polo across the province
8. The OWPA will support the development of new clubs
9. Support, Promote and encourage growth in NEW high school ph.ed programs and leagues
10. Support, Promote and encourage New water polo programs with municipal agencies
11. Encourage and promote new water polo programs in Ontario Universities
12. Promote and Support clubs and affiliates programs in the North
Strategic Direction 3: Improve OWP’s sustainability by diversifying and expanding revenue sources and by supporting the growth and development of the OWPA
13. To Establish the OWP 2010 Strategic plan and formulate an operational response to achieve desired outcomes.
14. Optimized the roles and responsibilities for OWP board, staff and committees
15. Diversify OWP non-fee revenue sources
16. Increased the value of OWP services to member clubs and affiliate programs
17. Expand the owpa volunteer capacity in water polo across Ontario
18. Improve and implement better tracking and data collection procedures
19. Increase total participation in Water Polo in Ontario
Strategic Direction 4: Support the growth and development of existing OWP member clubs and affiliate programs.
20. For the OWP to provide better operational and registration support to all member clubs
21. Enhance the planning and operation of club events
22. For the OWP to provide kits and services to all member clubs
23. Provide tools to increase volunteer capacity, leadership and sustainability of member clubs
24. Communicate more effectively with member clubs and affiliates programs
25. Increase competition opportunities for member clubs
26. Proactively encourage the growth and development of the OUA league
27. Proactively encourage the growth and development of Parks and Rec programs
28. Proactively encourage the growth and development water polo in existing high school leagues
Strategic Direction 5: Promote the interest of, and interest in, water polo in Ontario.
29. Develop a media Strategy
30. Develop a promotional strategy to enhance community awareness
31. Improve the OWP Website
32. Establish partnerships with other aquatic sports.
33. Strive to ensure the Ontario Water Polo plays a vital role in Water Polo across Canada
34. Expand and strengthen our relationship with all funding partners
35. Work with sport partners to shape public policy as it relates to sport.
Strategic Direction 6: Develop High Performance Athletes and Provincial Teams.
36. Increase the fitness and strength of athletes on the provincial teams
37. Create and implement regularly scheduled enhanced training opportunities for I.D. athletes
38. Provide Provincial team athletes more opportunities to play international games
39. Improve operations and increase the total amount of paid staff hours
40. Promote, influence and celebrate a higher level of fitness and training for club athletes
41. Increase the amount of the competitive opportunities